Vision & Values
Yolk Marketing is a dedicated marketing provider for businesses in Australia. We pride ourselves in our genuine and conscientious approach to marketing. Our approach to business is guided by commitments to the following core principles: Integrity, Efficiency, Effectiveness and Transparency.
Our Commitment & Scope
In line with our mission and values, Yolk Marketing acknowledges that we are accountable for our environmental actions, impacts and education.
All Yolk Marketing operations are based in East Gippsland, Regional Victoria, Australia. We are witness to the direct impact of drought, bush fires, flooding and the unprecedented weather conditions. Effects are felt environmentally, emotionally and financially by all local businesses, primary producers, tourism operators and their families. This is why sustainability is so important to us, and why we support the concept and practices in our business.
We aim to be a sustainable Australian business by reducing our ecological footprint through adopting sustainable practices both in and outside our office. This is achieved by integrating sustainable practices across our business and operational processes. We will do this by utilising sustainable practices in waste management, water and energy usage, and developing our office and home spaces to promote biodiversity.
Yolk Marketing is working towards reducing our business’ ecological footprint and helping our clients make environmentally friendly choices when producing their marketing materials and messaging.
Our Implemented Sustainability Goals
Energy Usage & Emissions Reduction
- Nearly all energy used to run the Yolk Marketing office to be offset by Solar PV System during business hours (By Feb 2020)
- All lights on premises use LED globes to further reduce electricity consumption
- We switch off computers, office equipment and lights when not in use
- Minimal staff travel requirements: home office and digital communications technologies help reduce our greenhouse emissions
- We minimise our rubbish
- We sort our recycling
- ‘Waste free’ lunches and coffees
- Green waste directed to on-site compost bin and distributed on gardens
- All electronic waste is collected and recycled or disposed of correctly
- By growing native plants & food plants in on premises gardens
- Gardens encourage visitation by local wildlife and insects: in East Gippsland this includes many varieties of native birds and bees
- To reduce the water waste within the business
- To install rain water tank for use in on-site gardens and as emergency water source
- Ink tank printers to reduce ink cartridge wastage
Community Involvement & Social Impact
Yolk Marketing have previously worked with a number of not for profit organisations including Room to Read, Leep and Minding Our Business. We are always open to partnering with new organisations, particularly in our local area in East Gippsland. We are currently working with Landcare Australia on a national level, to help them improve the way they promote Junior Landcare initiatives online.
We are also one of few marketing service providers to abide by a “No Offshoring Policy”. Yolk Marketing never outsources our work overseas. We believe in keeping Australian designers and web developers in jobs. We also have concerns over third world work conditions and the poor pay that many overseas designers and web developers can experience, as such we do not partake in ‘offshoring’ as a socially responsible business. All our services are delivered locally in East Gippsland, Regional Victoria.